Greentalent is a recruiter specialised in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market. On behalf of a pioneer company in large smart grid deployments, we are looking for a:
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, integration, testing, commissioning and support of software and IT systems for the delivery of the companies Smart Grid solutions.
- System engineering for control and automation projects (including software and hardware)
- Integration, configuration and deployment of software applications
- Configuration of IT infrastructure
- Data engineering from field devices through to the software applications
- Interpret clients’ requirements, and engineer, integrate, test and deliver the solution in a professional and timely manner.
- Prepare Functional and Test specifications and agree with customers
- Project engineering, including, sourcing, configuration, integration and test
- Interface with customers on all technical elements and schedules
- Engage with sub-contractors and external suppliers for integration of project element.
Key Elements of the Role
- Produce documentation to meet the customer requirements and gain acceptance and approval from the customer.
- Software/Hardware deployment, configuration and integration of SCADA data, Communications, infrastructure and software applications.
- System testing including device testing, integration testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing
- Participate in project meetings and assist in the scheduling of activities
- Interface with suppliers of equipment, services and software solutions.
- Provision of after-sales support for projects, including on-site support
Required Educational Qualifications
- BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Control, Computer Science or similar discipline
Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- Project engineering experience, preferably within IT or Software sectors involving SCADA or Automation,
- Software and IT systems background, particularly desirable would be knowledge of server virtualization technologies, web-services, and the Linux Operating System.
- Control and automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming and validation of automated equipment
- Knowledge of SCADA and HMIs, would be desirable
- Experience within Electricity Transmission & Distribution and an understanding of substation protection schemes, relays and their operation would be beneficial.
- Desirable Personal Qualities
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prioritise tasks while working to tight schedules.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in written form. Good engineering intuition with a desire to expand knowledge.
- Be willing to travel within the UK and overseas as necessary for normal project activities.
Location: UK (London)
To apply click HERE
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) – Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03.