Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of Shell, one of the major energy supply businesses and a leading marketer and trader of energy commodities, is looking for a:
Lead Solar Engineer
The chosen candidate will be responsible for engineering activities in the renewable power development team in Italy.
- Provide technical assistance in project designing, project development and construction of solar plants and grid connection facilities;
- Manage and review project design of solar plant and MV-HV grid connection works;
- Manage external engineering consultants and OEs to support projects from early stage to construction;
- Manage projects in order to be compliant with applicable internal and external codes and technical standards;
- Determine optimum choice of equipment to meet and comply with project goals;
- Prepare/review technical documents to pull the necessary permits and grid interconnection agreements;
- Manage the process of grid applications with the DNO/TSO operators;
- Use modeling and estimation software such as PVsyst or PlantPredict to create production estimates including assumptions for losses due to equipment, electrical, temperature and loading;
- Put together high-level schedule and cost roadmap for utility scale;
- Provide a strategic view on the grid connections for future projects;
- Support business development team to prepare technical documents to enable solar development efforts.
- Experience in designing and project management of construction of solar plants and grid connection facilities (MV-HV);
- Knowledge of Grid Code in Italy and experience in the grid connection process;
- Strong technical knowledge of MV and HV connection works;
- Experience in managing technical consultants, owners’ engineers and independent engineers;
- Familiarity with grid network and system operators in Italy;
- Familiarity of permitting requirements for solar projects in Italy;
- Good understanding of project economics, value chain and project development.
- University degree; Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred;
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time and being able work efficiently and productively in remote locations;
- Fluent in Italian and business-level English;
- Flexibility and strong communication skills.
Location: Milan area
To apply click HERE
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) – Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03.