Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of ATLANTE, company specialized in e-mobility, is looking for a:
Head of Engineering
At ATLANTE you will be in charge of the design, solution configuration and engineering of charging stations. You will be involved from and contribute to the early stages of the site selection and the planning & permitting assisting the development team with designs, specifications and early stage plans. You will then continue following the engineering of the solutions, detailing the specifications and working with the procurement team for equipment selection and/or tendering. You will be in charge of defining the required gird connection(s) and support equipment / modules (e.g. storage etc.). Within your responsibilities, you will select, appoint and supervise external consultants and contractors as required to complete the detailed engineering, procurement and construction/installation of the charging stations. You will interact with all internal teams of ATLANTE and/or NHOA, and will ensure upkeep of all relevant NHOA’s policies, contractual and quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments from beginning to end. After handover to Project Management team, you will continue to support as required, including for the commissioning phase.
Your expertise and creative thinking will ensure that stations are designed to be modular, expandable and “future proof”. Wherever possible, you will coordinate the addition of on-site photovoltaic covers.
With proven track record in the same or similar field, you will bring to NHOA a wealth of practical knowledge and hard skills, complemented by strong interpersonal skills, natural flare for team working, a positive and “can-do” attitude.
- Contribute to the definition of standard yet flexible charging stations’ configurations and features;
- Define preliminary and executive design of charging stations’ solutions, managing a portfolio of site development projects at various stages of development;
- Support the site selection process, especially with respect to engineering/technical topics, planning, permitting timeframes and/or potential technical redflags;
- Support the development team in liaising with all external stakeholders necessarily part of the development plan: site owners, public/local authorities, local communities, consumers’ groups, planning authorities, fire safety authorities, utilities (for connections and supply), etc;
- Liaise with internal teams (development, procurement, Project Management etc.) and external consultants (specialized engineering firms, planning advisory etc.), direct and supervise their work ensuring timely deliver of their deliverables on budget;
- Provide feedback to the commercial and development teams, for continuous improvement and optimization of site selection and development;
- Contribute to the strategic decisions and goal setting for future site acquisition and development.
- Managing the timing and costs of engineering activities;
- Day to day management of resources and budgets assigned to you;
- Drawing up reports on the closing of the order, in order to capitalize and spread the results, solutions and anything else necessary to increase effectiveness and efficiency in subsequent experiences.
- Verifying the requirements of subcontractors also in terms of safety and preparing the necessary safety measures for the site, with the support of the HSEQ manager;
- Proactively design processes and work methodologies which are digital, replicable, and scalable to the maximum extent possible for all of the technical design, engineering and configuration activities (appropriately segmented by categories).
- Contribute to the creation or improvement of digital tools and systems as part of your work culture;
- Promote a culture of cost-effectiveness for the benefit of the end-users. Be quality and customer-experience obsessed;
- Effectively manage the system engineering team, and contribute to its growth;
- Organize team’s activities and internal processes, according to the Agile methodology;
- Support CTO in the day-to-day activity.
- Electrical Engineering degree;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical design and/or engineering in the field of renewables, energy storage, distribution grid, sub-stations etc;
- Previous experiences in e-mobility / EV charging projects will be considered as a plus;
- Previous experience in team management, within high dynamic contexts;
- Advanced computer sciences and digital skills, certification in AutoCAD (or similar), Project Management and BIM are considered as a plus;
- Willingness for international travels, for example to support other offices (France, Spain, Portugal);
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) is a must, a second language is a plus (French, Spanish or Portuguese).
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) - Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03