Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of Shell, one of the major energy supply businesses and a leading marketer and trader of energy commodities, is looking for a:
The candidate will work closely with the local Sales team, Supply team and Traders, other Operations teams and support functions. The role requires a strong understanding of commercial operations, gas & power trading and logistics and will need to demonstrate ability to proactively collaborate with a wide and diverse set of stakeholders in a constructive manner for the delivery of all business goals in Shell Energy and Renewables and Energy Solutions (R&ES). He/She will contribute to minimizing portfolio imbalances and imbalance cost, ensure top quartile performance in managing imbalance cost and liase with grid operators, customers, sales and other business functions.
- Owning the forecasting system and the tools used in the daily work;
- Setting up and maintaining forecasting models for SEI's customers;
- Monitoring the portfolio and running daily forecasting processes, aiming at operational excellence and continuous improvement;
- Keeping track of correct volume flow information as basis for forecasting;
- Establishing and maintaining customer interaction aiming at improving system generated forecasts;
- Continuously reviewing new deal pipeline and preparing forecasting process for new customers;
- Providing sales and other teams with advice on aspects relevant for forecasting both during deal making process and delivery;
- Monitoring relevant regulatory development especially regarding balancing rules and imbalance regime;
- Continuously analyzing and improving efficiency and performance of the forecasting system and associated processes to ensure they remain fit for purpose;
- Working with grid operators, customers, traders, originators and other business functions to ensure operational risks are understood, effectively managed and new capabilities are developed in a robust and timely manner;
- Checking and process steer on the nominations;
- Analysis of the definitive allocations/consumptions;
- Monitor network maintenance and shutdown of I&C customers.
Skills & Requirements:
- University degree in engineering, economics or similar;
- Affinity to and experience with relevant business IT tools - very good knowledge of Excel;
- Affinity to quantitative modeling, experience with statistical methods (multiple regression, neural network) desirable;
- Good communication skills in Italian and English;
- Preferably experience 3+ years’ experience in Operations in the Gas & Power sector;
- High commitment to the day-to-day business, often within fixed and tight deadlines;
- Very good understanding of the relevant regulatory rules and procedures in the Italian natural gas and power market and to keep up with the ongoing development;
- Set priorities, continuously deliver accurate results and look out for process improvements.
Location: Milan area.
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) - Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03