Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of Shell, one of the major energy supply businesses and a leading marketer and trader of energy commodities, is looking for a:
Regulatory Affairs Adviser
If you are a regulatory expert with a commercial mindset this could be your chance to play a key role in growing the Shell integrated gas and power businesses in the B2B and renewable generation markets in Italy.
The EU and Italian power and gas regulatory frameworks are rapidly evolving in response to the challenging energy transition agenda.
Understanding the complex regulatory environment in Italy, translating regulations into winning and defensive commercial structures, influencing the shaping up of new policies and regulations affecting the B2B and renewable generation markets, ensuring commercial teams are aware of the regulatory requirements of operating B2B markets in Italy will be key success factors for Shell to outcompete others in the market and deliver on its growth ambitions.
You will report into the Central and South Europe Regulatory Team Lead and become a key part of our Shell Energy and Renewables and Energy Solutions Regulatory Team, a team of regulatory experts who are passionate about:
- delivering value for Shell by identifying key regulatory risks and mitigating strategies to protect Shell’s existing and aspired commercial positions;
- proactively developing opportunities to change existing regulations to enable business growth and
- actively pursuing and delivering regulatory change by playing a thought leadership role in external regulatory processes.
As a Commercial and Regulatory Affairs Adviser for B2B and generation in Italy, you are going to:
- Monitor national authorities on policy, regulatory and market design issues having a commercial impact on our B2B and renewable generation businesses;
- Develop insights into the B2B and renewable generation markets, regulatory framework and trends;
- Use this knowledge to derive and facilitate commercial strategies to generate tangible financial results in the short, medium term and long term;
- Develop insights on competitors and key market participants’ regulatory positions to help Shell identify future opportunities and threats;
- Engage with commercial and functional teams, in particular the B2B and renewable generation teams to develop joint views on regulatory opportunities, risks and threats;
- Leveraging on your professional regulatory network, develop and execute influencing and advocacy strategies at the national level to secure value protection, new opportunities and business growth;
- Represent Shell in relevant trade and industry associations and their committees and working groups. This will likely involve external leadership roles, e.g. working group chair.
- Provide support to the business in identifying relevant rules and regulatory requirements to be active in the B2B and renewable generation markets and establishing efficient and effective processes so that business is conducted in full compliance.
The role has a significant requirement for external engagements, including civil servants, regulatory authorities, academics, competitors. A strong external focus, an ability to network and develop relationships, as well as diplomatic skills are required.
At times you will work on formal consultations with a large amount of complex material that can be quite academic in nature with an aim to develop comprehensive Shell responses. You will need to distil the information, grasp the commercial concept, build a compelling argument and execute effective advocacy and lobbying. This entails communicating messages with confidence and credibility.
Attention to details is always a must and commercial acumen a necessity. You will be a self-starter, able to initiate new opportunities from a broadly defined set of objectives, meet/exceed performance targets.
Also, we are interested in attracting people who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and respect for others and we seek professionals who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through teamwork.
We expect you to hold:
- A Degree in one of the following disciplines: economics, engineering, legal, political sciences;
- Sound knowledge of the Italian gas and power markets and experience of the changing regulatory, commercial, customer and competitor playing field in the B2B and renewable generation segments in Italy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in written and spoken English and Italian are essential;
- An established strong network in the Italian energy regulatory space.
Experience in commercial roles alongside regulatory roles is an advantage.
Location: Milan area.
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) - Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03