Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of Shell, one of the major energy supply businesses and a leading marketer and trader of energy commodities, is looking for a:
Senior Key Account Manager – Power & Gas
The candidate will be in charge of actively manage, optimize and substantially grow the value of sales contracts with large industrial and commercial customers mainly of Emilia Romagna, Toscana and Liguria area, focusing on Gas and Power sales, innovative non-standard and cross commodity deals, in line with overall sales business objectives and in accordance with Shell Energy Europe strategy and Group policy.
- The role entails the provision of energy solutions to large industrial and commercial customers. Main solution is the supply of power (and gas), but includes more innovative and complex solutions including low carbon energy solutions, long term supply, behind the-meter and connected energy solutions.
- To manage, analyze and service existing key sales and business development agreements and conclude new sales and business development agreements in accordance with SEE strategy and mandates.
- To frame and adequately present any opportunity to Traders colleagues, identifying risks and opportunities, able to assess all the economical parameters and assessing all the risks involved.
- To prepare and conduct negotiations with customers and power producers, partners and clients, delivering technically and commercially sound proposals that meet performance metrics.
- To represent Shell and to comfortably work with senior representatives of the counterparty, partners and customers.
- To maintain, establish and build good relations with customers and stakeholders.
- To be a member of specific project teams including senior staff/peers/subordinates, including involvement with members from other functions (including Trading, Deal Structuring, Finance, Legal).
- To ensure that all contractual obligations and deadlines are met in time.
- To monitor very closely credit performance and consumption trends of the customers, and proactively intervene when there are issues.
- To define adequate level of marketing support activities for related customers, if applicable, in close cooperation with Sales Support.
- To network and liaise effectively with other functions (Trading and Deal Structuring in London, Operations, Sales Support and Back Office in Milan) ensuring optimum co-ordination and identification of synergistic opportunities. To manage complex interfaces and other inter-functional issues.
- To ensure flawless and efficient operations and no accident.
- To frequently use and populate IT-systems, Sales Force in primis.
- Good first-degree demonstrating numeracy skills, or MBA
- More than 5 years prior commercial experience, in power & gas industries, with proven track record of success in Key Account management / sales
- Strong relationship with big customers in Emilia’s region.
- Strong gas and electricity background.
- Preferential skills include: previous experience in sales/trading of Guarantees of Origins, Power purchase agreements, Carbon certificates
- Existing portfolio of large gas and power consumers (both industrial and commercial),
- Familiar with Behind the meter power solutions
- Strong background in Trading organizations, with solid analytical capabilities in deal definition and structure, origination and implementation
- Familiarity with risk identification and management: for each new deal, promptly see which the risks involved and ability to describe and discuss them with Traders and Deal Structures colleagues.
- Conversant with the advantages of gas & the use of gas for power generation & industrial applications
- Commercial acumen including proven negotiating skills and risk/issues management leading to a clear ability to conclude straightforward deals
- A peculiar ability to interact with the customer according to the “Challenger” model: ability to offers the customer unique perspectives, knowledge of the individual customer’s value drivers, ability to identify economic drivers of the customer’s value drivers and identify economic drivers of the customer’s business, comfortable in discussing money, able to put pressure on the customer.
- Able to perform a number of tasks under severe time pressure, in challenging and stressful environments
- Very good communication/presentation skills in written and spoken English, as the interaction with London colleagues will be on a daily basis.
- A goal-oriented commercial professional with well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to participate in & lead small teams
- Able to establish/build relationships with customers/stakeholders, sensitive to other cultures.
Location: Emilia Romagna (home office)
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) - Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03