Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of a leading utility is looking for a:
Senior Power Dispatcher
The candidate will be part of Assets Optimization and Trading BU and he/she will report to the Head of Short Term Power Optimization & Trading desk.
- Power Asset Management: spot market dispatching and optimization (Day Ahead; Intraday, Ancillaries markets); defining and executing the best strategies on the spot energy markets (PCE MGP MI MSD) in order to maximize the margin and minimize risks;
- Assessment of competitors market strategies by developing new analysis tools;
- Analysis on availability and outages of power plants and transmission grid, implementing a methodology and a model to reproduce the behavior of market competitors and TSO;
- Improvement of models, processes & IT tools and follow up implementation;
- Monitoring the correct execution of offers and information to market platforms;
- Interface with TERNA and the GME for the management of the market guarantees;
- Interface with the power plants in order to manage all the performance of the assets for maximizing the margin and minimizing risks; Remit publication in compliance with the regulation guidelines;
- Managing and optimizing power plants, commodities sourcing and supply in order to maximize results and minimize risks, through all flexibility offered by the markets is considered a "nice to have”.
- Degree in Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CCGT’s Management;
- Excellent knowledge of Italian market design and fundamentals (e.g. Day Ahead; Intraday, Ancillaries markets, intrazonal constraints) is mandatory, knowledge of global energy markets is a plus;
- Good experience in quantitative analysis and probabilistic model;
- Knowledge of trading environment (and related risk metrics) as well as experience in hedging instruments/strategies is a strong plus;
- Attitude to work in shift and in availability (24hours /7 days);
- Attitude to change management, flexibility and team working;
- Strong work ethic, attention to details and risk awareness;
- Attitude and practice of proactive idea generation and process improvement;
- Fluent English and Italian;
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and possibly VBA.
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) - Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03