Greentalent is a recruiter specialised in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market. On behalf of an international specialist in automation and smart grid products and solutions, we are now looking for a:
IT Project Manager (Smart Grid)
The Automation company produces products and solutions for Power Utilities internationally. Its products and solutions are primarily focused on smart grid applications, substation automation, distribution automation, renewable integration and Active Network Management. The company is a market leader in the integration of renewable energy. It’s an innovative company with a reputation for delivering reliable products and solutions.
The Projects Manager will be responsible for managing customer projects, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and scope in line with company goals and objectives.
Current projects are technical automation projects and vary from simple delivery projects to complex software/hardware development projects and vary in duration from several months to several years.
The candidate must have relevant experience in managing all aspects of a project, including clients, resources, quality, safety, risks, budget, schedules, and deliverables and be capable of solving problems and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Pro-actively manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Maintain clarity on the project scope and deadlines and drive the implementation accordingly
- Plan and manage project resources and schedules
- Manage 3rd party suppliers (software development, hardware supply, panel manufacture)
- Manage project budget, costs, and billing
- Manage project scope and change management
- Represent the company’s interests
- Monitor progress using simple KPIs including milestones and deliverables
- Track, manage and report on progress, problems, and solutions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of execution
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Pro-actively manage risks and contingency plans
- A proven project manager with a track record in managing technical / automation projects
- Capable of managing multiple concurrent projects
- Someone with good business judgment capable of defining priorities and solutions in accordance with the business and customer needs
- An organizer with a focus on processes and people management to guarantee on-time completion within budget.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills
- Negotiation & diplomacy
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
- Ability to handle many varied activities.
Education and experience include:
- A qualification in project management or equivalent with several years of relevant, broad engineering experience, and management/leadership experience
- The candidate must have a strong engineering background.
- It is desirable if the candidate has a background in Power Utility automation or process automation.
Travel will be required for customer meetings, project reviews, supplier meetings, etc. as would be normal for such a role.
Location: Newcastle (United Kingdom)
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) - Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03