Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of a company operating in the renewable energy sector, is looking for a:
Business Development Director
As a member of the Italian based team, Business Development Director will be responsible for leading and managing project development of renewable power generation technologies in Italy.
The ideal candidate should have strong origination and commercial skills, demonstrated by years of experience successfully developing renewable energy generation projects, strong industry relationships with all the stakeholders involved (developers, authorities, consultants) and good knowledge of Italian market.
Business Development Director will have full responsibility for origination of new opportunities, mainly related to greeenfield solar projects, in North and Central Italy, including site identification, agreements with landlords, DSO/TSO grid process, authorizations permits till the project reach the ready to build status.
This role will require a pro-active approach towards problem-solving, hard-work and commitment to execute viable opportunities and an open-minded collaborative approach to become an integral part of the team.
• Be responsible for origination of new projects;
• Identify, pursue and develop new business opportunities together with external partners;
• Enhance company’s commercial network in terms of developers, consultant and advisors;
• Work closely with the development team to optimize greenfield strategies;
• Adequately plan and monitor on all phases of a project’s life cycle, with focus on land identification and negotiations, due diligence of new sites, contracts and land agreements rewiew;
• Developing and managing project budgeting and project cost analysis;
• Provide the relevant input to commercial decisions, ensuring best value is achieved in all these negotiations;
• Collaborate with other members of the Milan based and wider European team to evaluate investment opportunities as part of cross functional teams including colleagues in other areas;
• Articulate key issues in discussions and communications with the Board and successfully influence the outcome of a transaction across multiple decision-makers and stakeholders;
• Comply with the company’s code of ethics and employee handbook, all relevant and applicable industry regulations and always behaves in an ethical and exemplary manner, acting as a role model for others, especially junior members of the team;
• Participate in team building activities, helps to build company’s brand in Italy and Europe and promote the company’s values.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
• Master’s degree in Economics or Engineering
• At least 8 years proven experience in developing greenfield renewable projects, mainly PV
• Understanding of the Italian regulatory framework for utility scale renewable power generation projects
• Understanding of relevant planning regulations and experience dealing with external developers and local authorities
• Experience managing consultants and commercial partners
• Good and growing network of relationships including developers, consultants, advisers in Italy
• Leadership skills to work alongside more junior members of the team, partners and advisers
• Intellectual curiosity, ability to work independently
• Proven ability to work under pressure, delivering results with tight deadlines and capable of multi-tasking
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Proficient knowledge of English language.
Aegis guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77) - Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03